The learning experience is most effective when you actively take part in the process. Wherever possible we avoid the lecture format for our BA and One-Year courses, and most of your time will be spent in workshops, participating in active discussions and completing practical exercises.
For students on our MA in Filmmaking programme, we ask you to draw upon your previous filmmaking experience and set this within an academic framework that works to better inform your filmmaking decisions. For this particular course, you will be expected to take a self-directed approach to developing your projects.
You will learn by:
- making your own filmmaking decisions in a supported, structured environment
- working in challenging situations to help you understand what you know and do not know
- access to the knowledge and skills you need to solve that challenge
- reflecting and adapting your own response in relation to the acquired knowledge and skills
- opportunities to put that learning into action
- appreciating that you will learn and develop as much from your mistakes as your successes