The Met Film School is London's leading provider of practical filmmaking courses, based at Ealing Studios.
The six-month Digital Animation course begins with a three-week introduction to Maya, Nuke and touches upon other related software that will be used during the course. The topics covered during this six-month intensive period of study are all based on the standard production pipelines used within the industry. The Visual Effects for Animation programme encourages a team-driven production and learning environment, intended to foster and reinforce the highly interdependent production processes used within the film and visual effects industries.
The programme covers four key areas, each of which cover core skills, including:
Intro to Maya and Nuke Software Training
• 3D Modelling Skills Techniques
• Texture Mapping Skills Development
• Lighting and Rendering Skills Development
• Compositing Skills Development
• Animation Skills Development
The Animation Production Pipeline
• Character Modelling and Skinning
• Skeleton Creation and Rigging
• Texturing Techniques
• Principles of Animation
• Keyframe Animation Techniques
Creature Production Pipeline
• Character Design and Modelling
• Sculpting in Mudbox
• Texturing in Mudbox
• Maya to Mudbox Workflows
• Integration Motion Capture Data
• On-set Motion Capture and Cleanup
• Blend Shapes and Lip Sync
• Incorporating Secondary Animation
• Layering Muscle Systems
• Simulating Fur, Hair and Flesh
Students who demonstrate exemplary communication and teamwork, management, planning and organisation skills, initiative and film sense are awarded the Met Film School Professional Practice Certificate, and access to our Industry Placement Scheme.
For more information Request A Prospectus and our enrolments team will get in touch to talk you through the course.